Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Magical Night

God really, really,really does have a sense of humor. Really.

Let me start 30 years back. I'm in high school at Avondale High School in Decatur, GA. I am really enjoying this band that's playing at our dance. A band named Fragile. That's enough on that.

Flash forward to, say, 2005. I've been in ministry with this pretty cool dude who's the worship leader at the church I was serving. I've known for the six years we've been together that he played in a rock band before he became a Christ-Follower, but it's just now dawned on me that I've never asked him the name of his band...

Are you sensing how the 30 years are about to collide in this story?

Last night I had the opportunity to, well ROCK OUT to an awesome band at their 30 year reunion gig. Yep, Fragile. And yeah, they still got it.

Oh, and said worship leader is the hot one on the far left...

3 comments:

Jeremiah said...

To funny!

I will have to ask my mom if she ever heard of this band before, since I had never heard of it, as I was just born about 30 years ago! hehehe...just had to throw that in! lol.

It is amazing how small of a world this is! Have been keeping you and your family in our prayers up here in Indiana!

God bless,
Jeremiah

Anonymous said...

It was a GREAT time last Friday night. It brought back very old and fond memories. I love rock-n-roll!!! It was wonderful seeing you and Sandy...we will keep you in our prayers, love ya'll, Jodi

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is one small world story! And yep, Ric is one rocking dude in the Fragile photo! I just knew after watching him at worship that he MUST have been part of a rock-n-roll band in his younger days. Too funny. Praying for you and your family, especially your nomad girl! Beth Brown