Monday, May 26, 2008

Night 2

Well today was really, really a struggle. I have to admit, my doctor may be right.... I simply had no stamina today. My doc said it would take 2 or 3 weeks for the radiation to get out of my system.

12.4 mile today and I had to stop and lie down about a mile and a half from my destination - Baggs Creek.

It was a great day though! Beautiful weather, sunny and a nice breeze. Things are really beginng to bloom. Above is a pic of some flame azelia.

There is also a pic of the veiw from the top of Blod Mtn, my lunch site. There were TONS of people up there today with it being Memorial Day. I met a couple that lives less than 5 mile from me! They were just out for the day.

The last pic is inside my hammock which is where I am now, typing away. It is getting into the low 50's at night so I have a double-wide 60 x 40 1/4" closed cell pad for underneath insulation. It can be kind of unweild at first, but it surrounds you so you feel like a nice warm burrito. And only 7 oz. And I top it off with my Ray-Way homemade 40 degree quilt. I really like the set-up.

I also called Bob. He was going to drive to Unicoi Gap and hike in to Chatahochee Gap and camp with me then drive me back to my car. I'm not even going to try. Instead he's going to meet me at Hogpen Gap and we'll hike in to Low Gap, overnight, and hike back out. What a brother..

Well it is way past hiker mid-night, got to shut it down...r

No comments: