Monday, January 19, 2009

A new way of living

This light weight backpacking has effected lots of areas of my life. I ask the question, "Do I really need this? "Can I get by without this and not compromise my safety?" "How can I get the most out of what I AM carrying?"

In the picture above you can see how it has effected my packing for my 10 trip to Israel and Rome. The suitcase on the left is the one I used when I went in '98. The one on the right is the one I'm taking tomorrow.

I'm envisioning the difference moving through the airport and all around on this trip. Also, just less stuff to keep up with.

I could actually carry it on the plane! But I got to check it cause I got a jar of peanut butter and a squeeze-bottle of grape jam... To go along with the loaf of wheat bread in there! (And my Skeletool!!!) Now if I had just gotten some ready-to-eat bacon... (You know... ISRAEL!)

Shalom y'all....

3 comments:

Jeremiah said...

Wow,

Is it time to go to Isreal already! Man, does time fly! Have an awesome time!

I agree that my packing habits have changed a bit too since my AT experience! PB and Jelly eh! Did you bring your heini pot and coolfly stove as well! lol.

Well have a great time and I cant wait to hear about your trip!

God bless,
Shep.

Ecolihapns said...

Have a great trip. We (all 4 of us) did a trip to UK and Italy last year and used 1 bag and people were like how in the heck did you do that...

Have a great trip and I wish I could be with you.

Mac said...

PS
Have a safe trip and enjoy.

God Bless

Mac